"Rick's New Job" Case Study
Read the Rickâ€™s New Job case analysis at the end of Chapter 3 of the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text. In an 800 to 1,000 word paper (excluding the title and reference pages), respond to the following case questions:
- Explain why Rick was let go and how reinforcement theory applies to this situation.
- Explain Rosie and Walterâ€™s reaction to Rickâ€™s computer in terms of resistance to change. Use the concepts in this chapter to explain how Rick might have approached the computer situation so as to gain acceptance.
- Explain Rickâ€™s inability to â€œfit inâ€ using social learning theory. Identify where breakdowns occurred.
- If Val hired you to develop a management training program for the senior managers at PPP, explain how you would go about designing the program. Provide appropriate theoretical rationale to support your position.
Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your paper must also include citations and references for the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text and at least two scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library. An Abstract is not required. Use APA formatted headings, rather than numbers, to delineate your response to each case question. For example, the following headings (or equivalent) can be used to identify each section of your paper:
- Reinforcement Theory
- Resistance to Change
- Social Learning Theory
- Designing a Management Training Program
- Must be 800 to 1,000 words, double-spaced (excluding title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing