Please address each question below with complete sentences and clear, specific explanation.
Please address each question below with complete sentences and clear, specific explanation. The total word count of your writing should be between 750-1,250 words.
- Select one teaching of Jesus from one of the following Bible verses: Matthew 5:21-24, Matthew 5:43-48, Matthew 6:19-24, Matthew 7:15-23, Luke 15:1-32, John 13:1-17 & 34-35, John 15:1-11. Answer the following questions:
- What was Jesusâ€™ point in the teaching?
- What sort of relevance does this teaching have for other worldviews?
- What does this teaching reveal about Jesus?
- Identify at least one claim that Jesus made about His nature and/or the purpose of His ministry (such as Mark 2:1-12, Matt 9:9-13, Luke 7:18-23, John 5:16-18, John 10:25-38, John 14:5-11). What is the significance of this claim?
- How would you personally answer Jesusâ€™ question, â€œBut who do you say that I am?â€ Describe your own beliefs about Jesus.
Please type your answers below each question.
- Read Philippians 2:5-11 and briefly describe the direction Jesusâ€™ life took.
- Read John 1:1-3. What other familiar passage in Scripture does this remind you of?
- Briefly summarize the Parable of the Sower from Mark 4.
- Briefly list the three temptations of Jesus from Matthew 4.
- How is Jesus described in 1 Corinthians 1:24 and John 1:1?
- In the lecture, Jesus is described as fully God and fully man, now briefly describe the Trinity and Jesusâ€™ position in the Trinity.
- Read John 10:1-18 and briefly summarize how Jesus cares for His sheep.
- Briefly summarize the context and story of the Parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10:29-37.
- Read 1 Corinthians 1: 18-25. What is the Apostle Paul referring to when he says at the end that â€œthe foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men?â€