CS204 Unit 7: Adapting to Workplace Changes in Professionalism
Unit 7: Adapting to Workplace Changes in Professionalism
Defining and understanding the elements of a group culture is essential to forging a professional identity either online or in person. These elements are important because they reflect how professionals interact, whether online or in person.
An industrial or work place culture consists of different occupations, roles and statuses. A hospital is an excellent example of a number of people working in close proximity representing different occupational groups. Patients, nurses, health care specialists, surgeons, administrators, security, and support staff groups all function together but may be identified by their equipment, behaviors and language, and the tools and training used to get their work completed.
In this Assignment you will write a descriptive report about the culture of a group of people, a company, or an organization based on background research and an interview of a professional person who is part of that culture.
Search using individual internet research and write a report that investigates a cultural group in your desired field. (Business Administration)Â Describe what the group is like in your own words.
Select and interview a professional person in your field of interest. Ask questions about this personâ€™s group that will allow you to gain insights into aspects of the culture that he/she is a member of. Integrate the insights gained from the interview responses and your impressions into your written report.
- Cover page that includes your name, course and section number, date, and the Assignment title.
- Five pages clearly typewritten in college-level American English text (3 pages background text, 2 pages describing what you learned from the interview).
- One reference page listing sources you discovered in your background research and used to support your descriptive writing in Part 1 (use APA citation).
- Attach your interview questions and notes as an appendix.
A special feature is available to help you with reviewing your Unit 7 Assignment for plagiarism. When you submit your Assignment to the Unit 7 Dropbox, your Assignment will automatically be analyzed by the plagiarism detection tool, Turnitin. Soon after you submit your Assignment, you will be able to view the Turnitin Originality Report. Originality Reports provide a summary of matching or highly similar text found in a submitted paper. When an
Originality Report is available for viewing, an icon will appear in the report column of the Assignment Inbox. Originality Reports are only available in the InBox. For this reason, you will need to download the report prior to the grading of the Unit 7 Assignment. To do this, click on the print icon at the bottom of the Originality Report. This will prepare a readable, PDF version of the Originality Report that you can save to your computer.
Submitting your Assignment:
Save your project in Word format and submit it in the Dropbox for Unit 7 Assignment. When you are ready to submit it, go to the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says Submit an Assignment
- In the Submit to Basket menu, select Unit 7: Dropbox
- Click the Add Attachments button
- Follow the steps listed to attach your document
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it
Make sure that you save a copy of your Assignment.