This is a bit of advice you’ve probably received before from someone interested in your well being. Maybe you’ve offered this advice to others. But,what do others mean when they give you this advice, and what do you mean when you give this advice to others?
I would like you to do the following:
- Describe a situation in which this bit of advice – “Be yourself!” – would be appropriate. If you like, you can describe a situation in which you either gave this advice or received it. Or, you can be creative and construct a situation in which you think it would be appropriate to give this advice or to receive it. First, describe the type of situation.
- Explain as clearly and thoroughly as you can what you understand this bit of advice – “Be yourself!” – to mean. When you give this advice to others, how do you expect them to respond to it, and how do you expect them to benefit from it? What should they do to follow it? When you receive this advice from others, what do you take it to mean, and what do you do if you follow it?
Please be sure to address both (1) and (2).
- FORMAT. Your reflection must be typed, double-spaced, 12 pt font., stapled.
- Spelling, grammar, syntax, paragraphing are important!
- Between 3 and 5 pages in length.